Connecting your Clipper card to your account
Clipper is the all-in-one transit card for the Bay Area that holds any combination of cash value and passes, and is your key to unlock Bay Wheels. Unlocking never deducts from you Clipper cash value, serving only as your access key. Link your Bay Wheels membership to your Clipper card and make the transition from transit to bike a breeze.
Bay Wheels member with existing linked Clipper
Simply link your membership in the Lyft app, and your Clipper card can be used to unlock your bike just as before.
How to link your Clipper card in the Lyft app
- Open the Menu
- Tap View Profile
- Tap the Transit Card option under the Linked Accounts section
- Enter your Clipper card number
- Happy Riding!
How it works
- Ebike - tap your Clipper card on the card reader located on the back of the rear wheel
- Classic - tap your Clipper card to the card reader to the right of the bike you want to ride on the dock.
- Please Note: Your Clipper account and your membership are separate. Payment is deducted from the payment card you have attached on file with your account, no deductions are ever made from your Clipper balance to use Bay Wheels.
Need a Clipper card?
- Pick up a Clipper card in person from participating retailers – visit clippercard.com for a complete list of locations.
- Or Bay Wheels members can follow the link below to request a Clipper card by mail. Allow 7 to 10 days to receive your card. Once it arrives, log into your Bay Wheels account to activate your Clipper card as your membership key.
SIGN UP HERE