Earning points with Bike Angels
Learn how to maximize your earning potential with Bike Angels.
- Angels earn points for taking bikes from crowded stations and bringing them to empty ones or stations expected to soon become empty. Rack up the points by cycling from a full station to an empty station.
- Any rides that start at a station with Drop Off points get 0 points.
- Any rides that end at a station with Pick Up points get 0 points.
- Any ebike rides not ending at a station get 0 points.
- Otherwise, you earn the total of Pick Up plus Drop Off points for every ride.
Start at neutral station, bike to 1-point Drop Off station.
Any rides that don’t end at a station.
Start at 2-point Pick Up station, bike to neutral station.
Trips with Drop Off points at trip start.
Start at dockless station, bike to 2-point Drop Off station.
Trips with Pick Up points at trip end.
Start at 3-point Pick Up station, bike to 2-point Drop Off station.
Biking from a full station to another full station.
A few more tips on earning points
- Points are calculated based on how many bikes will be needed at a particular station.
- The points on the map update every 15 minutes (for example, at 1 PM, 1:15 PM, 1:30 PM, and again at 1:45 PM).
- Cheating isn't nice. If you repeatedly dock the same bike between two stations, you risk losing those points and being removed from the Bike Angels program.