WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN TORONTO
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in Toronto and the Greater Toronto area.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license — Class G or higher
- 21 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal record check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
- Personal vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo — Learn how to take the best photo.
- Proof of Ontario vehicle registration
- Safety Standards Certificate (SSC)
- Proof of work eligibility
- Private Transportation Company (PTC) driver's license - Lyft will obtain this license on your behalf once you've uploaded all required docs
- See examples of these documents
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Review your Driver Guidebook for helpful tips and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.