WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN TORONTO
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in Toronto and the Greater Toronto area.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license — Class G or higher
- 3 years of driving history
- 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal record check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
- Document requirements
- Personal vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo — Learn how to take the best photo.
- Proof of Ontario vehicle registration
- Safety Standards Certificate (SSC)
- Proof of work eligibility
- Private Transportation Company (PTC) driver's license - Lyft will obtain this license on your behalf once you've uploaded all required docs
- Driver Training Certification
- See examples of these documents
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Head to the learning center for helpful tutorials to get started, and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.
Frequently asked questions
How much can I earn?
How do I get paid?
How long does the application process take?
Is Lyft safe?
Can I get help with my application in person?
Do I need a vehicle inspection to drive in Toronto?
If I’m approved to drive in Toronto am I approved to drive in other cities?