WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN SEATTLE/TACOMA
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in greater Seattle/Tacoma area.
- 2010 or newer
- 2009 or newer with a valid TNC vehicle decal
- See if your car qualifies for Lyft Lux or Lyft Lux Black to earn more on each ride
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- Not on the list of ineligible subcompact vehicles
- Not a taxi or stretch limousine
- Or rent a car through Express Drive with standard insurance included
- Valid Washington driver’s license
- Active duty military applicants and their dependents can have an out-of-state driver's license
- 1 year of licensed driving experience in the U.S. and be 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app: system requirement of iOS 11 or Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher
- Personal vehicle insurance that includes driver’s name, policy number, expiration date, and vehicle info.
- Driver profile photo — Learn how to take the best photo
- Proof of ASE certified mechanic vehicle inspection performed by a City of Seattle Approved mechanic. See free inspection locations here.
- Proof of Washington vehicle registration
- Active duty military applicants and their dependents can have out-of-state documents.
- Learn more about driving in Seattle/Tacoma
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Review your Driver Guidebook for helpful tips and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.