Here’s what you’ll need to apply to drive in San Francisco
- 2001 or newer
- See if your car qualifies for Lyft Lux or Lyft Lux Black to earn more on each ride
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- California license plate
- Not on the list of ineligible subcompact vehicles
Don’t have a car? Rent one through Express Drive, with standard insurance included. Available in select cities.
- Valid California driver’s license
- Active duty military applicants and their dependents can have an out-of-state driver's license and documents. Please visit us at your local hub to apply.
- 1 year of driving experience and be 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents, passed the background check, and completed the mandatory safety training, you’re ready to hit the road and start earning!
Get guaranteed earnings with vehicle compensation
You'll earn at least 120% of the minimum wage, plus 30¢ per mile, for all time and distance whenever you're booked with a passenger. Booked time and distance start from the moment you accept a rideshare request until the time you drop off your passenger.