WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN PHILADELPHIA
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in the state of Pennsylvania.
- 2006 or newer
- See if your car qualifies for Lyft Lux or Lyft Lux Black to earn more on each ride
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- Valid license plate — Out-of-state plates are also acceptable
- Not on the list of ineligible subcompact vehicles
- No taxis, livery vehicles, limos, black cars, or other for-hire vehicles
- Or rent a car through Express Drive with standard insurance included
- Valid driver’s license — Temporary or out-of-state licenses are also acceptable
- 1 year of driving experience and be 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Review your Driver Guidebook for helpful tips and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.