WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN BALTIMORE
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in Maryland and Washington DC.
- 2011 or newer
- See if your car qualifies for Lyft Lux or Lyft Lux Black to earn more on each ride
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- Not on the list of ineligible subcompact vehicles
- Not a taxi or stretch limousine
- Not titled as salvage, non-repairable, rebuilt or any other equivalent classification
- Or rent a car through Express Drive with standard insurance included
- Valid driver’s license — Temporary or out-of-state licenses are also acceptable
- 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
- Transportation Network Operator (TNO) license — Maryland drivers will be prompted to provide consent during the application process, and Lyft will apply for the license on your behalf
- Your ability to perform rides in Maryland may be impacted if you do not have a REAL ID driver’s license. Learn more about REAL IDs and the process to obtain one
- *Drivers with Express Drive vehicles must have a valid, non-temporary DC, MD, or VA driver's license. Temporary licenses will not be accepted
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Head to the learning center for helpful tutorials to get started, and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.