Frequently Asked Questions
About Lyft Pink (and the benefits)
- Once you join Lyft Pink, you’ll get access to the following member-exclusive benefits: - Free Priority Pickup upgrades - 5% off Standard, Preferred, XL and Lux Lyft rides - Relaxed ride cancellations - Free Grubhub+ for a year (value of $9.99/month) - Roadside assistance - SIXT car rental upgrades - 12 free bike or scooter unlocks yearly If you join Lyft Pink All Access at $199/yr, you’ll also receive the following benefits: - Unlimited 45-min classic bike rides - Unlimited ebike and scooter discounts - 3 free bike or scooter guest passes - Access to Bike Angels rewards Learn more about these benefits in the FAQs below. To access all of your Lyft Pink benefits, make sure you're on the latest version of the Lyft app.
- When available, Lyft Pink members can select a Priority Pickup upgrade for no additional charge compared to an equivalent non-member standard Lyft ride*. Just choose ‘Priority Pickup’ when ordering your Lyft ride and you’ll receive a faster pickup to save you time. Members saved an average of almost $3-4 per ride since October. Priority Pickup upgrades are subject to availability across all regions. Priority Pickup upgrades are not available for wheelchair-accessible vehicles (WAV). For more information about WAV please visit https://help.lyft.com/hc/e/articles/115013081668-wav-rides.\ *Cannot be combined with 5% discount
- Get 5% off the non-member price for Standard, Access, Preferred (top drivers), XL (bigger), and Lux (nicer) rides. *non-member pricing exclusive of coupons
- No, drivers are paid the same way, whether or not a Lyft Pink member receives a discount.
- As a Lyft Pink member, you get access to free roadside assistance for your own car—right in the Lyft app. Once you add your car, you can get four services (or “events”) included with a Lyft Pink membership per year. For example, if you need fuel and a tire change, that would count as two of the four roadside services you get per year. After that, you’d pay for each service individually. These four roadside services are refreshed at the start of every membership year. Roadside assistance covers you when in your own car, as well as when you’re in someone else’s car. You must be present and able to show proof of permission of the vehicle owner at the time the service is requested. Roadside services may only be requested for a personal vehicle that can be legally towed with light duty towing equipment. The roadside services are provided through Lyft’s partner, Agero, and not by Lyft and may be subject to additional terms. You cannot get the same service for free twice in a 7-day period. Roadside services are not currently available in Nevada. To learn more about services and limitations, visit our roadside assistance website at https://www.lyft.com/rider/roadside-assistance.
- To get started, open the Lyft app and look for the ‘steering wheel’ icon in the bottom right corner. Access to roadside is also available by clicking ‘My Car’ in the side menu that appears if you tap the top left corner of your screen. Once you’ve tapped ‘My Car,’ you can tap ‘Add Car’ to get started and add your car information. To request roadside assistance, select ‘Roadside’ from the service menu. Make sure you have the latest version of the Lyft app downloaded.
- The bike benefit is the primary difference between our two membership tiers: Lyft Pink and Lyft Pink All Access. Monthly Lyft Pink members ($9.99/mo) get 1 free bike or scooter unlock each month. Unlocks do not roll over month-to-month. Annual Lyft Pink members ($99/yr) get up to 12 free bike and scooter unlocks per membership year and the choice of when to use them throughout the year Lyft Pink All Access members get unlimited 45-minute classic bike rides, free ebike unlocks, and discounted ebike minutes in select cities across the US. After 45 minutes on a classic bike, members pay the local rates for overage fees. Ebike rates for Lyft Pink All Access members vary in the available bikeshare markets. They are discounted at least 25% off local rates. Certain zones within cities may contain lower ebike fees. These bike benefits are available in the following locations: - Chicago, IL via Divvy - Columbus, OH via CoGo - Denver, CO - New York City, NY via Citi Bike - Portland, OR via BIKETOWN - San Francisco Bay Area, CA via Bay Wheels The following Lyft-operated bikeshare markets are not accessible through Lyft Pink: - Bluebikes in Boston, MA metro area - Capital Bikeshare in the Washington, DC area
- Bike Angels is a program that allows riders to take bikes from crowded stations to those that are running low on bikes, making the system work better for everyone. In return, those rebalancing rides add up to sweet rewards. Angels earn rewards based on the points they earn each month, plus additional swag for hitting lifetime point milestones. Bike Angels is only available to Lyft Pink All Access members. The Bike Angels program is only offered in New York, Chicago, the Bay Area, and Portland.
- Bike Angel points and rewards available are identical for bikeshare members and Lyft Pink All Access members. Monthly rewards are earned based on the city in which you earn those points. Lifetime rewards are earned based on total points across all cities. Lyft Pink All Access members that earn weekly membership extensions on Bike Angels will have their Lyft Pink All Access membership renewal date extended out by 7 days for each extension unlocked. In order to use Bike Angels, you must use your local bikeshare app. Only Lyft Pink annual members are eligible.
- Scooter benefits differ for our membership tiers: Lyft Pink and Lyft Pink All Access members. Here’s how: Monthly Lyft Pink members($9.99/mo) get 1 free bike or scooter unlock each month. Unlocks do not rollover month-to-month. Annual Lyft Pink members ($99/yr) get up to 12 free bike and scooter unlocks per year and the ability to choose when they use them throughout that time. Lyft Pink All Access ($199/yr) members enjoy unlimited Lyft scooter unlocks ($1 value) with a 33% discount on the per minute rate. These Lyft scooter benefits are available in the following locations: Denver, CO Washington, DC Spin scooters are not eligible for this benefit.
- When you rent a car from SIXT via the Lyft app or website, you’re eligible for a free upgrade to a higher class rental car. To start your rental reservation, tap the ‘key’ icon in the bottom right of the Lyft app or visit ride.lyft.com/rentals. If available, you can select your free upgrade up to 30 minutes before pickup. You will receive a push notification to notify you of an available upgrade. Additionally, you can check on whether you are eligible for a rental upgrade by tapping on the ‘key icon’ in the bottom right of the Lyft app up to 30 minutes before pickup. If you are eligible for an upgrade, you will be promoted to select your higher class rental car. These upgrades only work with SIXT rental services at this time. The upgrade is not guaranteed and based on rider eligibility and availability on the day of pickup. For questions about rider eligibility, reach out to email@example.com. To learn more and get a list of SIXT rental locations, see https://www.lyft.com/rider/rentals. Subject to SIXT terms (https://www.sixt.com/terms-conditions).
- If you cancel and rebook a ride within 15 minutes, we'll credit you the cancellation fee up to 3 times per month. After your ride is complete, you'll get a $5 credit applied to your Lyft account.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve and J.P. Morgan Reserve cardmembers can get a complimentary Lyft Pink All Access membership for two consecutive years, a value of $199/year, when the membership is activated with an eligible card by 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on 12/31/2024. After the complimentary two-year period ends, members will be automatically enrolled in an annual membership at 50% off the then current annual Lyft Pink All Access rate for one year. After the discounted year, you will continue to be enrolled and charged the then current annual Lyft Pink All Access rate, every year unless canceled. To learn more, visit Lyft.com/Chase.
- Lyft will automatically waive the lost item fee after you report a lost item. This benefit has unlimited uses.
- No, Lyft Pink is only available for personal rides and doesn’t apply to Business Profile rides. You can check which profile you are in through the following steps: 1. Open the Lyft mobile app and enter your drop-off location. 2. Select the ride mode you'd like to request: Shared, Classic, Lux, Lux Black, Lyft XL, or Lux Black XL. 3. In the bottom left-hand corner, you'll see an indication of which profile you're currently in and payment method that will be applied. Tap your profile and payment method in the bottom left-hand corner. 4. The Payment screen will pop up where you can tap Business or Personal to switch into either profile, indicated by a purple highlight. 5. Tap Done in the upper righthand corner.
- To find Lyft Pink, open the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, and tap 'Lyft Pink.’ From there you can cancel or pause your membership under ‘Manage plan.’
- To access new Lyft Pink benefits, make sure you’re on the latest version of the Lyft app. Benefits are subject to change.
- Lyft may add, remove, or change benefits and discounts over time. Certain benefits may only be available for limited periods of time. Open the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap 'Lyft Pink’ to see the latest benefits and offers.
- Lyft offers two membership plans: Lyft Pink ($9.99/month or $99/year) and Lyft Pink All Access ($199/year). For just $9.99/mo (or $99/year), Lyft Pink members get the benefits of free Priority Pickup upgrades, member-exclusive pricing, and free roadside assistance, right in the Lyft app. Plus, rental upgrades, one year of Grubhub+ for free ($9.99/month value), and free bike or scooter unlocks. For $199/year, Lyft Pink All Access members get all of the benefits of the Lyft Pink plan, plus more bikeshare benefits. Lyft Pink All Access gives you access to unlimited 45-minute classic bike rides and ebike and scooter discounts. See our full FAQ page for more details on our bike and scooter benefits.
- If your membership is monthly, it will auto-renew each month on the day of your first purchase until you cancel. If your membership is annual, it will auto-renew each year on the day of your first purchase until you cancel. Check the Lyft app to see your renewal date or to pause or cancel your membership. Just open the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap 'Lyft Pink,’ and choose ‘Manage plan’.
- Lyft Pink members can switch between paying monthly ($9.99/mo) or annually ($99/yr) by going to Lyft Pink in the side menu and tapping “Manage plan”. If a member is currently enjoying their first free month, they can only switch their membership plan after their trial ends.
- Your Lyft Pink annual membership is valid for 1 year and will auto-renew each year until you cancel. You can pause your membership twice per yearly billing cycle. Check the Lyft app to see your renewal date or to pause or cancel your membership. Just open the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap 'Lyft Pink,’ and choose ‘Manage plan’.
- Yes! If you have an annual bikeshare membership, you can upgrade to the annual Lyft Pink plan directly through your Lyft or bikeshare app. When you upgrade, you will be charged the prorated difference between Lyft Pink and your annual bikeshare membership. Your annual membership benefits will activate immediately. At the end of your membership cycle, you’ll be charged the Lyft Pink membership fee.
Payment and Plan Management
- No, Lyft Pink does not cover the cost of tips. Tips are charged directly to your payment method.
- Lyft Pink members-exclusive pricing can be combined with credits and bike and scooter specific coupons, but not with other percentage-off or dollar-off promotional coupons unless specifically permitted by the promotion.
- You can cancel your membership at any time and you won’t be charged for the following period. If you cancel your membership before using any benefits during your current billing cycle, you can receive a refund for the membership fee. However, if you’ve used benefits with your membership, no partial refunds are given.
- Paypal is accepted for recurring membership fees. However Google Pay, Commuter Benefits, Venmo, and prepaid cards (including gift cards) are not accepted for recurring membership fees. You may still use these payment methods for rideshare rides.
- Per state and local laws, Lyft is obligated to collect sales taxes in certain jurisdictions. The amount you are charged will be based on local regulations and the billing address associated with your payment method.
- Yes, you can cancel your membership at any time. Cancellations will apply to the next billing cycle and you’ll have until the end of the current period to use your benefits. If you cancel your membership before using any benefits during your current billing cycle, you can receive a refund for the membership fee. However, if you’ve used benefits with your membership, no partial refunds are given. To cancel your membership, open the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap 'Lyft Pink,’ choose ‘Manage plan,’ and then ‘Cancel plan.’ You can cancel at any time. Cancellations will apply to the next billing cycle and you’ll have until the end of the current period to use your benefits. While in the 30 day free trial, you can cancel membership from renewing at any time.
- You can pause your membership and resume any time. With the $9.99/mo Lyft Pink monthly plan, you can pause Lyft Pink once per billing cycle for up to 28 days each time. For the $199/yr Lyft Pink All Access plan and annual $99/yr Lyft Pink plan, you can pause Lyft Pink All Access twice a year for up to 28 days each pause. While in the 30 day free trial, you may not pause membership; however, you can cancel membership from renewing at any time.
- If you sign up or receive Lyft Pink with an introductory offer, that offer will apply for 1 month. At the end of your offer period, your membership will automatically renew at the regular Lyft Pink monthly or annual plan price (plus applicable taxes) and your default payment method will be charged. You can cancel anytime. Offers are valid for a limited time only.