Become a Part-time driver in Orlando, FL
Earn on your own terms. Get started today.
Driving with Lyft is the perfect way to earn on any schedule. Whether it’s part-time, full-time, seasonal, or temporary, we’ll be here to welcome you.
Why drive with Lyft?
When you drive with Lyft, you get to:
Be your own boss: Make your own schedule and choose when and where you drive.
Boost Your Income: You get paid for the time and distance of a trip, plus tips and bonuses.
Support the Community: Lyft drivers are essential to our neighborhoods, communities, and cities. When you give rides, you meet awesome, friendly people in your city and beyond.
Lyft is a rideshare service that connects drivers with individuals and organizations that need rides. Lyft matches drivers with passengers who request rides through our smartphone app, and passengers pay automatically through the app.
How much does a Driver typically make?
Earnings are determined by five factors:
- Base rate: You get paid a guaranteed fare for picking up passengers.
- Distance rate: You get paid per mile, based on the city where your ride starts.
- Time rate: You get paid per minute, based on the city where your ride starts.
- Tips: Passengers tip you directly through the app – and you keep 100% of your tips. Always.
Bonuses: Opportunities to earn extra cash become available at the busiest times and places.
Lyft’s rates may vary by city, region, and time.
- 2010 or newer
- See if your car qualifies for Lyft Lux or Lyft Lux Black to earn more on each ride
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- Valid license plate — Out-of-state plates are also acceptable
- Not on the list of ineligible subcompact vehicles
- Or rent a car through Express Drive with standard insurance included
- Valid driver’s license — Temporary or out-of-state licenses are also acceptable
- 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
How much time does it take to become a driver?
It takes a few days before you can start driving with Lyft. A few things need to happen first:
1) You share your information with us: Filling out basic information (like your mobile phone number, driver’s license, and other documents) typically takes less than 30 minutes.
2) We inspect your vehicle: If you’re using your own car, it will need to pass a Lyft inspection to make sure it’s road-ready. We’ll help you find a location and schedule an appointment.
3) We run a background check: Safety is our top priority, so we’ll need to run a background check to review your driving history. This can take a few days to be completed.
How does Lyft help keep drivers safe?
In-app safety features
Get access to 24/7 support, roadside assistance, emergency services, and real-time maps you can share with family and friends.
When you drive with Lyft, you automatically get additional insurance coverage. We work with leading insurance carriers to provide a variety of protection at no cost to you.
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, we’re working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to inform new policies and products that help safeguard drivers and riders.