WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN LAS VEGAS
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in Nevada.
- Valid Nevada driver’s license
- Active duty military applicants and their dependents can have an out-of-state driver's license and documents. Please visit us at your local Driver Hub to apply.
- Temporary Driver’s Licenses must be accompanied by a side-by-side photo with an expired Permanent Driver’s License or government issued photo ID
- 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
- Nevada vehicle insurance
- Nevada vehicle registration
- Nevada State Business License
- Standard 22 point vehicle inspection — Free at your local Driver Hub
- Nevada TNC permit number decal — Free at your local Driver Hub
- Driver profile photo — Learn how to take the best photo.
- See examples of these documents
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Head to the learning center for helpful tutorials to get started, and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.
Frequently asked questions
How much can I earn?
Can I get help with my application in person?
Do I need a vehicle inspection to drive in Las Vegas?
If I’m approved to drive in Las Vegas am I approved to drive in other cities?