WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN BOSTON
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in Massachusetts.
- Valid driver’s license — Temporary or out-of-state licenses are also acceptable
- 21 or older
- 1 year of driving experience if you are 23 or older
- 3 years of driving experience if you are under 23 years old
- Pass two-part driver screening: both Lyft and the Massachusetts DPU will review your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Review your Driver Guidebook for helpful tips and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.