HELLO, FUTURE DRIVERFind my city
What you need to drive with Lyft in Atlanta
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY TO DRIVE IN ATLANTA
Once you’re approved, you’ll also be able to drive anywhere in Georgia.
- 2011 or newer
- See if your car qualifies for Lyft Lux or Lyft Lux Black to earn more on each ride
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- Valid license plate
- Not on the list of ineligible subcompact vehicles
- Or rent a car through Express Drive with standard insurance included
- Valid driver’s license — Temporary or out-of-state licenses are also acceptable
- 25 or older
- Pass driver screening: reviews your driving history and criminal background check
- Any smartphone that can download and run the Lyft Driver app
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Driver profile photo — Learn how to take the best photo.
- See examples of these documents
HOW DO I BECOME A LYFT DRIVER?
You can fill out the application here, or in the Lyft Driver app — download it from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play store.
After you’ve uploaded your required documents and passed the background checks, you’re ready to start earning on the road!
Drive and earn
Head to the learning center for helpful tutorials to get started, and make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car. Open the Lyft Driver app, go online to start getting ride requests and making money on your own schedule.