Hello, future driver
$500 new driver bonus
Earn a $500 bonus when you give 50 rides during your first 7 days in the Washington, D.C. Area.
Already applied or already a driver? Log in
Not planning on driving in the Washington, D.C. Area?
You can change your city on the next page
If you're new to Lyft, you may enter a sign-up code when you first apply. Only one promotional code can be used when applying to drive.
Sign-up codes must be added when you first sign up; they can't be added later on. Promos vary depending on the region and code used.
The app's ‘Earnings' tab is the easiest way to see your promo code requirements and check your progress.
If you qualify for and earn the bonus, you'll be paid 1-2 weeks after the promotion ends.
Qualifying for the bonus
You must meet the following requirements to qualify:
- Add your codes when you sign up. It isn't possible to enter a sign-on code after signing up.
- Be approved to drive in an eligible region offering the promotion.
- Complete your first drive within the outlined days after starting your application.
- After your first ride, complete the set number of rides within the timeframe provided in your offer.
- Have an approved driving state/province that matches the state/province indicated in your application. Any change to the approved state/province will result in disqualification from receiving referral bonus/earnings guarantee bonus.
- Meet the ride requirements shown in the Lyft Driver app.
If you meet all ride requirements within the applicable time period, the bonus will be applied to your account.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval are determined at the sole discretion of Lyft and are not guaranteed.
- Duration of application review may vary.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's Terms of Service. Promotions are for a limited time only. Terms are subject to change.
- The time and market of your application determine what bonus amounts (if any) may apply. Amounts reflect current bonus availability and may be different at the time of your application.
- If an applicant has an existing application, they're only eligible for the referral amount, if any, associated with that original application, and they aren't eligible for other referral amounts.
- No more than two rides given to the same passenger count toward your ride requirements for sign-on bonuses.
- If you sign up for a new driver promotion and switch your region or province while it's in progress, it will void the offer.
- Offer is only available to those who have never previously signed up to drive with Lyft. Lyft driver eligibility and approval are determined at the sole discretion of Lyft and are not guaranteed.
- Promotions are for a limited time only. Terms are subject to change. Only one promotional code can be used when applying to drive with Lyft.
- If you sign up for a new driver promotion and switch your region or province while your application is in progress, your promotion will be voided.
- Lyft reserves the right to deny the offer in the event of suspected fraud or abuse. This promotion is subject to Lyft's Terms of Service.
To drive with Lyft in Vancouver, you’ll need a Class 1, 2, or 4 driver’s licence. If you don’t already have one, be sure to apply for one as soon as possible, as it can take some time to complete the process.
Visit one of our locations to talk to our team
What is Lyft?
Lyft is a platform that connects drivers with individuals and organizations that need rides.
In addition to helping passengers get from A to B, in select markets drivers may also opt in to deliver essential items — such as groceries, medical supplies, and home necessities — to people who need them.
We know this is a challenging time, and as the COVID-19 crisis continues the well-being of Lyft drivers is our priority. Visit our site to learn what steps we’re taking to support drivers, and how we’re finding new opportunities for them to earn while helping their communities.
Boost your income
You get paid for the time and distance of a trip, plus tips and bonuses.
Be your own boss
Set your own schedule and keep control over when you drive and earn.
Support the community
Lyft drivers are essential to our neighborhoods, communities, and cities. When you give rides, you're playing a vital role.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the application process take?
When and where should I drive?
Is Lyft safe?
How do I get paid?
What is driving really like?
What about the wear and tear on my car?
What documents are required?
How are hourly earnings calculated?