Driving Job Alternatives for College Students
About the Opportunity
Make money as a part-time driver in , no experience needed. With Lyft, you choose when you drive — and for you, being able to earn whenever you’re not in class is ideal. As a college student, you’re ready to take on this entry-level position with a flexible schedule.
What is Lyft?
Lyft is a ridesharing app that connects people with local drivers in minutes. Whether you’re paying off student loans or starting your own business, Lyft connects you with skills and savings to get there faster.
- Learn money and time management.Earnings are automatically deposited into your bank account weekly, or you can cash out instantly with Express Pay.
- Keep 100% of your tips.Lyft encourages passengers to tip in the app — and you keep the whole amount.
- Enjoy free events and perks.We take every opportunity to celebrate our drivers. Save on fuel, maintenance, and more with Accelerate, our rewards program.
How Lyft Driving Works
Step 1: Open the Lyft app to accept a ride request.
Step 2: Pick up your passenger, simply following navigation.
Step 3: Drop them off. The app automatically charges their saved credit card.
Lyft Application Requirements
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Pass our free, online DMV and background checks.
- Use an iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Have a US driver’s license for at least one year.
- Provide proof of insurance and (in most cities) a car inspection.
- Submit a photo of yourself.
- Meet your city’s vehicle age requirement
- Have at least four doors, not including jump doors.
- Offer five to eight seats, including the driver’s.
Don’t have wheels?
Get access to all-inclusive rentals: The more you drive with Lyft, the lower the price.Learn more.