Oregon Driver Application Requirements
Applicant Requirement Checklist
- Driver's license
- Vehicle registration
- Personal vehicle insurance
- Driver photo
- Driver Certification Card (Eugene only)
- 2003 or newer (Medford: 2002 or newer)
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver's
Start an Application
Apply to drive with Lyft.
Upload Your Documents
Take photos of each of the documents below and upload them in the Dashboard.
Driver's licenseDrivers are required to have a valid driver's license. A temporary license is acceptable, but be sure to upload your permanent copy when you receive it.
Vehicle registrationDrivers are required to upload a copy of their vehicle registration.
Personal vehicle insuranceDrivers are required to have personal vehicle insurance.
Driver photoLyft requires a photo of all drivers. Your driver photo is a passenger’s first impression of you when they request a ride.
Driver Certification Card (Eugene only)
Eugene drivers are required to upload a photo of their Driver Certification Card.
Heads up: Your background check must be completed before you go to the City of Eugene office.
To get your Driver Certification Card:
- Upload your vehicle inspection and vehicle insurance in the Lyft Driver App
- Wait for your Lyft Background Check to complete. You'll see a green checkmark in the app which will indicate it’s complete.
- Visit the City of Eugene office to submit your Driver Certification application and pay the $65 application fee to the City of Eugene. Bring your smartphone to show that your background check is complete and that you've uploaded your vehicle inspection and insurance documents. The office is located at:
99 W 10th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
Check the City of Eugene's website for current hours of operation
Already have a Driver Certification Card? Upload it to your profile in the Lyft Driver App. You don't need to come to the City of Eugene office in-person. However, you will need to email a photo of your vehicle inspection and proof of insurance to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lyft will notify you when you've been approved as a driver. Until then, you can check your application status for updates.
Get Set to Drive
The Lyft emblem should be displayed in the lower corner of your windshield on the passenger side every time you enter driver mode. Make sure to remove the emblem when you are not in driver mode.