Bay Wheels is being planned so it works for the communities it serves. Each station goes through a robust engineering and public outreach process before being issued a permit by our local partner agency.
We are committed to ensuring bike share is equitable, accessible, and reflects the diversity of the Bay Area. As part of this commitment, at least 20% of bikes in the Bay Wheels program will be located in MTC designated “communities of concern.”
View our Station Site Guidelines to learn what makes a good location for a bike share station.
- Proposed Sites in San Francisco
- Get Involved - Find out the permitting status for future stations and ways you can support bikeshare at upcoming Public Hearings.
- Support more bike share in your neighborhood:
- Station-based expansion is complete. We are currently evaluating the network design.
- Tell us what you think of the proposed stations at email@example.com.
- The first phase of our expansion is complete in Berkeley, Oakland, and Emeryville. We are currently evaluating the network design.
We believe in the value of community outreach. Our planning process has been shaped by hundreds of public workshops and meetings with community groups, merchant organizations, elected officials, neighbors, and other stakeholders. We want bike share stations to provide the most benefit to local communities.